Excuse me while I go pound my head against a brick wall for a few minutes.
Why is that?
It's because the off-road community is dumber than pig-tracks when it comes to figuring out what the real problem is, and who the real enemy is.
We're constantly asked by well-meaning organizations to send letters to our Congressmen, or to attend meetings by the BLM, Forest Service, or whatever. They tell us that we must make our voices heard.
Let me tell you the cold, hard truth. It's waste of time. Want to hear it again?
IT'S A WASTE OF TIME!
I put it in caps to get the attention of the thinking-impaired out there.
THE REAL ENEMY
The Clinton administration is your real enemy. Led by Bubba himself, they are completely ignoring all the rules, laws, regulations and guidelines of the Department of the Interior, and doing whatever the hell they want to do. Bubba says something must be protected because it's a national heritage, and like a king on a throne, says so, and the wheels get set in motion. Nothing you can say or do will change what he does when it comes to taking land away from you!
Why do I say that?
It's because this group of left-wing, tree-hugging, eco-freaks knows that for us to fight them through the legal system, is an exercise in futility on our part. And here's why:
1. First off, very few organizations can afford the legal costs
2. Next, it's horribly time-consuming
3. Even if you do win, after years in court, they can simply slightly re-write another land grab and make you do it again
4. They know that eventually you'll get burned out and go away
5. They are smarter than you
6. They have a battle plan
7. They are constantly attacking
8. They use professionals to do their dirty work
9. They have unlimited funds: our tax dollars
10. This administration does what the eco-freaks demand
Why are we losing land constantly?
1. The off-road industry has ignored the land use problem to the point where they ought to be ashamed of their inaction.
2. All they give a damn about is selling another bike, ATV, jet-ski, snowmobile or 4x4 to someone.
3. The few organizations that we do have, are under-funded.
4. The leaders of these organizations are well-intentioned amateurs up against pros.
5. We have no battle plan. All we do is defend.
6. These organizations waste time, energy and money preaching to the industry.
7. By and large, the average off-roader doesn't even know they exist, or what they try to do.
8. We have factions within the off-roading sport who dislike each other. The snobbish attitude of the mountain bikers comes readily to mind.
9. The off-roading community does not have a clue how to fight the land grabbers.
10. The off-road community doesn't realize that the key to stopping the land grabs is to get the Democrats out of any sort of control.
THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT CAN BE DONE TO STOP THE LAND GRABBING, IS TO DO DEFEAT AL GORE THIS SEPTEMBER!
If we fail to do this, Al and his Sierra Club pals will continue to play the same game Bubba is now playing. He'll act like a King, and declare this a national heritage, and that a national monument and something else as endangered and off-limits.
If you people fail to understand this, then you deserve to be politically castrated in the truest sense of the word. Hear this:
They will bury your sport
They are liberal democrats
They control this administration
So, please, people. Put everything else on the back burner and concentrate of getting George W. Bush elected.
Hell, I'm not completely happy with Bush and I think there's some of the wishy-washy attitude of his old man in there. But at least he's not controlled by the wishes of the Sierra Club. And if he's elected, he can undo the damage being done by The Slickster.
I hate the American political system, and the nightmare it's become. Right now, once a person gets in a position of authority, the average person can do nothing at all about a horrible decision of unfair law. You're being told to work within the system, and if you don't like the person who made the unfair regulation, well then, vote him/her/it out of office.
While that sounds good on paper, in the real world, if you actually do try to get some change working through the system, it'll be years before you can even begin hope for results. The sad fact of the matter is that the system is designed to keep you busy until you get burned out and quit in disgust. And while you're spinning your wheels, the injustice is still in force.
The land is still closed to you and your friends.
Please forget all those next-to-useless letter writing campaigns and senseless meetings. You would be far better off working in some way to make sure Gore does not get elected, and that more conservative people get elected to office, and the liberals are kicked out in droves.
And as complicated as that.
Here, at Off-Road.com, we're doing everything we can so expose Gore for what he is:
A humorless lying scumbag
An ultra-left leaning liberal socialist
A tattered copy of Clinton's political treachery
A classic liar - Yup, he invented the Internet
A person willing to spend your money on deadbeats
A clear and present danger to off-roading as we know it
Do everything you can to spread the word. Send emails on our Gore-material to anyone and everyone. Get the country laughing at this feeble excuse for a man. Make a mockery of him and his nut-case, mind-rotting theories.
Once he becomes an object of scorn, not even the Patagonia-wearing crowd will want to be within a hundred yards of this stiff-necked, humorless, fanatical boring piece of fecal matter called Al Gore.
Perhaps I'm being far too kind. But think about this for a moment:
Al Gore stated that, in his opinion, "Bill Clinton will go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents of our century."
Nothing more needs to be said after that.